Best travel guide book for planning your trip to Zimbabwe
A comprehensive and solid guidebook focused on medium to low budget travellers, perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Plan your trip – includes brief introduction to the country, maps, top things to see and do, itinerary suggestions, etiquette.
- On the road – the heart of the guide. It is divided into chapters, each if which covers a specific region and individual cities highlighting sights and activities, accommodation and dining recommendations with prices and contact information, getting there and around advice.
- Understand – in depth information on current affairs, history, environment, people and culture, art and music, local cuisine etc.
- Survival Guide – Directory A-Z (quick reference and practical information on everything you need to know when traveling in the country), Transport Information, Language
Bradt Travel Guide
Bradt travel guides are known to cover destinations that tend to be overlooked by other guidebook publishers or do not have a long history of tourism. They are often written by writers who live in the country or region rather than travel writers. The books are organized in 2 parts: General Information and Guide:
General Information includes Background Information section with introduction to the country with a history, geography and wildlife, languages and culture overview; Practical Information section with tips on transportation, accommodation cultural etiquette, visas, money, emergencies and safety and Health section.
The Guide part is divided into individual chapters organized on geographical basis highlighting the region’s most interesting sights and activities as well as accommodation, dinning and nightlife recommendations.
High quality travel guide aimed at travellers on all budgets. All Fodor’s guides are written by local writers based in each destination as opposed to travel writers. Fodor’s Travel Guides are divided into five sections:
- Experience : covers popular things to see and do, example itineraries, ways to save money, cultural etiquette.
- Primer: detailed information on current affairs, history, the people, religion, local cuisine, arts and natural environment.
- City/Area Chapters: covers each individual city/area of the country. Information on sights, activities, major cultural events and festivals, shopping and entertainment advise, hotel and restaurant recommendations.
- Understanding : brief section with further information on the culture, includes essential vocabulary and phrases
- Travel Smart: transportation, accommodations, healthcare and safety, emergencies